Clifton, C A
CHARLES ALBERT CLIFTON
Remembered with honour Arras Memorial: Bay 6.
He enlisted in Mill Hill, Middx; was entitled to the Victory and British War medals, and was presumed killed in action. Unfortunately, Charles’ Service Record appears to be one that did not survive the World War bombing.
There is an article about Charles in the West Herts and Watford Observer dated 2 March 1918.
Son of Robert Nathaniel and the late Susan (nee FOX) CLIFTON; husband of Elizabeth (nee HULL) CLIFTON.
His parents married 1881 in the Kingston, Surrey, district. Susan died 1911 in St Pancras, London, aged 52, and was buried 12 July in Vicarage Road Cemetery, Watford; Robert’s death is proving elusive.
Charles was born 1889 in Hammersmith, London, and married 1915 in the Watford district; they had one child. He resided in Watford.
On the 1891 Census, aged 1 he lived in Acton, Middx, with his parents and five siblings. On the 1901 Census, aged 11 he lived in Watford, with his parents and seven siblings. On the 1911 Census, a house painter aged 21, he still lived in Watford, with his parents and four siblings.
- 1st S.W. Herts Scout Troop [in St Mary's Parish Church Watford] (4)
- Abbot's Langley Herts War Memorial (17)
- Aldbury Herts War Memorial (1)
- Aldenham Herts War Memorial (located in Letchmore Heath Herts) (8)
- All Saints Church Croxley Green Herts (12)
- All Saints Church Harrow Weald Middx (2)
- All Saints Church Hertford (1)
- All Saints Church King's Langley Herts (1)
- All Saints Church Leavesden Herts (31)
- All Saints Church Witham Essex (3)